The GSC Basic Training Curriculum Will Include:
- Basic Counseling: We’ll touch on active listening, conflict resolution, building rapport with a family, empathizing, and solution focused skills (these skills are critical for first connecting with a family and then being able to really explain to them the plan and to coach them through any objections and fears).
- In the process you will be educating families on child development and how it affects sleep. You will of course need to know what it takes to create a secure attachment between parent and child. Parents ask about this all the time!
- Teachings on the 4 main methods of sleep training (there really aren’t that many ways to change behavior….parents will ask you about all the theories and books out there so you need to be well versed.)
- The Sleep Lady Shuffle in details and how to help a family successfully implement the plan from beginning to end for babies 6months to 6 years old.
- How to read and assess a family’s history form and create an individualized sleep plan with the family (I’ll have you reading a history form BEFORE you meet with a family so you can spend time problem solving, reading, and hopefully reaching out to your peers for support on the forums).
- How to empower, support and coach a family through the sleep training process. So you can be their cheerleader for consistency and their sleep coaching will work.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving so you can feel confident in helping any family in almost any situation
- How to successfully work with multiples and siblings.
- We’ll discuss cosleeping, early rising, nap coaching, pacifiers and weaning!
- Case presentations and weekly supervision calls.
- Videos of me doing 3 live consultations
- Listen to how I answer 6 families questions on a Q and A call
- Video of me giving a lecture and answering parents questions
- How to lead a Gentle Sleep Success Workshop that will bring you clients and revenue!
Training: Working with and supporting families during the newborn stage and up through 5 months old
Specialty Training centering around working with families during the newborn and early months:
This age-specific training centers around the unique family dynamics and challenges during the first six months of a baby’s life and equips coaches on how to provide support to the family. This part of the program will be taught by Heather Irvine and Brandi Jordan. Heather and Brandi both have well over a decade of hands-on experience working with new parents and infants.
They have certifications as Pediatric Sleep Coaches, Postpartum Doulas, and Newborn Care Specialists. Brandi also holds a BA in Child Development and Masters in Social Work and is a Board Certified Lactation Consultant. Heather has extensive training in Newborn Behavior & Development, Infant Mental Health and is a Certified Lactation Counselor.
Some of the curriculum in this specialty training include:
In depth knowledge of the importance of attachment and infant mental health
The sleep science behind the first six months of life
What special considerations need to be taken when working with and supporting families during this delicate period.
Specialized instruction on how to evaluate families in the first six months and guidance on how to assess when the baby is ready for sleep coaching based on current research and evidence-based strategies
Learn Gentle sleep solutions and strategies that are developmentally appropriate, breastfeeding and attachment friendly and promote a solid foundation for sleep learning and long-term healthy sleep patterns.
This specialty training is designed to give coaches the knowledge, education and all the tools and resources they need to successfully work with families of newborns through 5 months of age in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner.
Classes with my Faculty Panel:
Shoshana Bennett, PhD. (Dr Shosh) -- Following life-threatening postpartum depressions, Dr. Shosh helped pioneer the field of maternal mental health in the U.S.
She founded and led national and international organizations, plus authored four books on the topic.
As a clinical psychologist and parent advocate, she has educated professionals and the public for the last three decades emphasizing prevention and wellness. She has helped over 20,000 women worldwide.
Lewis J. Kass, MD is a Yale-trained, board certified pediatric pulmonologist and sleep medicine specialist specializing in pediatric respiratory medicine and sleep disorders.
He is in private practice in Westchester NY and the Pediatric Sleep Medicine Director of the Sleep Disorders Center at Norwalk Hospital in Norwalk, Connecticut.
Anthony Loizides, MD graduated from S.U.N.Y. Stony Brook School of Medicine and completed his fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology at Harvard Medical School.
He is involved in education from the medical school to the faculty level by giving talks to medical students, residents, fellows and attending physicians both at CHAM and at other
He has over 20 publications in original research as well as invited reviews, chapters, and editorials. He has been at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore since 2004.
Laura Possessky, Esq. is an attorney who focuses on entrepreneurship, branding, content and licensing, media and intellectual property law and public interest.
She is also a DC Bar Leader.
Lindsey Biel, OTR/L is a pediatric occupational therapist with a private practice in New York City.
She is co-author of the award-winning Raising a Sensory Smart Child: The Definitive Handbook for Helping Your Child with Sensory Processing Issues, with a foreword by Temple Grandin and the author of Sensory Processing Challenges: Effective Clinical Work with Kids & Teens.
She is also co-creator of the Sensory Processing Master Class DVD program and is frequently published in parenting and professional magazines.
She teaches workshops to parents, teachers, therapists, doctors, and other professionals across the country. In the GSC program Lindsey teaches the following class: Sensory Smart Sleep Strategies.
Catherine Trebble MBA - For the past six years Catherine Trebble has been the Principal of Support Your Brilliance (SYB), a full-service website solutions provider.
Support Your Brilliance designs, builds and supports fabulous websites that generate more clients for service providers.
In the GSC program Catherine teaches the following class: Marketing Your Sleep Coaching Business.
Her website can be found at https://www.SupportYourBrilliance.com
THE BUSINESS OF SLEEP COACHING
It is my number one priority to make sure each GSC is well trained and able to successfully help any tired parent that contacts them!
Being able to confidently help a family will make marketing your business all the easier!
You’re going to learn the ins and outs of the business of being a sleep coach. From forms to use, to fees to charge, thank you letters, a 5 page website template, to how to schedule clients and market your business . . . you’re going to learn it all.
And we will of course also cover how to get clients, build your business and successfully hold Gentle Sleep Success Workshops to bring income, clients and media attention.
You will receive everything you need to run your business as a sleep coach. I have done all the work for you!
*** Don’t forget I offer 4 FREE continued education classes a year in related topics to further deepen your knowledge as a sleep coach. Not only will you be able to join the upcoming classes but you can review the handouts and listen to the recorded classes that have already been held.